ISO 9001 – 2015
ISO is popularly known as International standard organization. It is maintained across 130 countries, which is a voluntary, non-treaty federation. As a UN agency, it was started in Geneva in the year of 1946-47. From the inception, it promotes standardization development and other promotional activities to embark international standard on goods and services, intellectual, economic, scientific and technical aspects. ISO covers all fields except electronics and communication and international telecommunication.
What is called ISO 9001 – 2015 Certification?
First of all, it moves from 2008 to 2015. It is a quality management system internationally acclaimed as a leading quality management which has been implemented in over 170 countries across one million organizations. The purpose of ISO 9001:2015 assists companies to meet out their statutory and regulatory requirements related to their projects. This ISO 9001:2015 helps the companies in achieving excellence in their service and delivery. This standard is usually used throughout an organization in improving performance, any particular site, department or any plant. The ISO 9001- 2015 was changed on 23.9.15. Following are the core changes in the version
- New structure
- Process approach – QMS and its processes
- Preventive action and risk management – Risk-based thinking
- Organizational context – Understanding the organization and its context
- Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties.
- Quality management principles – Seven quality management principles
- Products and services – Good and services
- Information on documents – Maintaining documents and records
- Work environment – Environment for the process of operation
- Purchased product – externally provided products and services
What are the benefits of ISO 9001-2015?
- Increasing credibility and confidentiality
- It is more cost efficient
- Consistency is available while delivering product or service
- Improves planning, administration and communication process
- Promotes customer’s satisfaction and loyalty that will lead to repeat business
- Stakeholder and risk management
- Aligning QMS closely with the main business
ISO 9001:2005 training
Since it has been the essential part of the quality management system, many of us come forward to impart training both offline and online. There are many reliable companies who stand forward to offer the course. It is subject to mandatory that you are a complaint to this QMS.
ISO 9001:2005 is the latest version of the ISO 9001. There are 10 clauses present along with the sub-clauses. In the section4-10, your quality management system is covered. To implement it in your organization, your company should satisfy the requirements with clauses 4-10.
What have to be looked into?
Context and organization, Leadership, Planning, support, operation, Performance evaluation and improvement.
Implementation of 9001-2015 QMS will enable your company to:
- Research new market studies
- Identifies and addresses risks
- Operate the organization more efficiently
- Meets out the necessary requirements
ISO 9001-2015 specifies for a QMS when an organization:
- Objectives to improve customer satisfaction through the system’s effective application, including the processes of improving the system, the conformity assurance to the customers and applicable statutory, regulatory requirements
- Objectives to demonstrate the ability to provide the products and services consistently.
- All requirements of ISO 9001:2015 are common, proposed to be applied to any organization level irrespective of its type, size, product and service it provides.
Mandatory documents and records needed to get ISO 9001-2015
- The Scope of the QMS
- Quality objectives
- Quality policy
- Criteria for evaluation and selection of suppliers
- Measuring, monitoring equipment calibration record
- Records about design and development outputs review
- Records about design and development inputs
- Records about design and development controls
- Records about design and development outputs
- Design and development changes records