What is ISO 9001:2015?
The International Organization for Standardization issues a Company level Certification based on the standard of the company which is titled as “Quality Management Systems- Requirements”. It has been revised from ISO 9001:2008 in order to associate the needs for a higher level structure to all ISO management systems as a common framework, risk-based analysis in quality system process along with the improved leadership requirements. This non-industry specific certification is completely intended for any enterprise who wants to execute and maintain a quality management system. This certificate is issued by the 3rd party certifying body. In order to maintain ISO 9001:2015 certification, the company has to comply with regular audits to appraise its continued compliance with the standards.
Benefits of ISO 9001:2015
- The quality of a company’s service is increased by ISO 9001:2015 and it predominantly brings awareness among the staffs.
- With the help of this certification, an employer can identify the problem at the right time and the same can be avoided in the future.
- This ISO 9001:2015 certification of quality management system raises the company’s image positively which would make the company stand equally with its competitors or even higher than them.
- This system ensures clear structure, process, responsibility and task throughout the organization. It simultaneously improves the staff’s involvement towards work and atmosphere that reduces the work pressure eventually.
- ISO 9001:2015 certification brings an objective proof of a company’s quality and it has to be checked out periodically by an independent party which enhances confidence in employer.
- With this certification, an employer can show clearly to his staffs, partners, clients that customer satisfaction is the core part of his business.
- Introducing ISO 9001:2015 quality management system makes an organization acquire more orders due to its reputation
- The quality commitment is determined by an independent audit that is happened only by the certification.
- It gives the globally recognized standard
- Consistency in the product delivery or service
- It increases credibility and competitiveness
How does ISO 9001:2015 benefit customers?
Customers will know from their experience by working with such ISO 9001:2015 companies and they provide many advantages such as
- Main their standards with annual assessments
- Minimize their mistakes
- Provide better quality products and services
- Give improved communication and reporting
What is the benefit of implementing ISO 9001:2015?
- The certification makes the company operate more powerfully
- Helps to meet the legal and regulatory needs
- Supports in reaching new markets
- Aids in identifying and addressing the risks
Who is ISO 9001:2015 for?
- Architectural and Construction Industry
- Retail sector
- Hospitality industry
- IT & creative business
- Construction companies
- Business service sectors
- Transport and automotive sectors
ISO 9001:2015 Process
Obtaining ISO 9001:2015 quality management certification requires cost, work and changes in the way how you do the things. So, it is important to initiate the process early and consider hiring a Consultant from outside to help you in the firm transition. The following steps shall be followed for the process.
- Determine the present ISO standard implemented or New ISO certification process for the company
- Prepare the new standard from ISO before your ISO 9001:2008 expires or start with new ISO standard available presently.
- After reviewing the new standard, analyze the gaps between the old standard and new requirement which will help you make any improvements if necessary
- New procedures have to be established and drafted as a piece of your quality management plan. Create an action plan with inclusions of tasks, assignments and timeframes.
- Employees are the main part of the transition. So, they must be trained on how to apply the new procedures and manage the changes.
- Prepare quality manual with the support from audit coordinator in the organization in the best manner to enhance the standard operating process and procedures.
- An internal or external audit will help in ensuring your business is ready to be certified under the new standard.
- A registrar must be selected so that an auditor may be appointed for an external audit. Based on the results, you may be informed to make some changes and inform the registrar. Wait for a month to get ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
ISO 9001:2015 all requirements are generic and they are intended to be pertinent to any organization irrespective of its size, type, products and service it provides.