How to register a company in Kerala?
Small businesses and startups are warmly welcomed by the Kerala Government under the State and Central Government policies. New entrepreneurs are arising in the state due to the favorable economic policies of the Honorable Kerala Chief Minister. Every new venture or business should be registered as a company under the Companies Act. There are different types of entities such as
- Public limited
- Private limited
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Sole Proprietorship
There is no need for registering as a private limited company if one is doing the business alone. If one is planning to do business with clients, the registration certificate is a must to ensure the company’s credibility. In such case, one has to register the company in Kerala on the basis of the Companies Act of India. Many consultants are available in Kerala to register a company professionally at an affordable rate. Since the Kerala Government fully focuses on bringing down the new investments in the State, the Company Registration process in Kerala has been eased. The below documents are required for Private Limited Company Registration in Kerala.
- Minimum 2 directors or shareholders is must for starting a company
- Address proof and photo identity of all the directors must be submitted
- All directors PAN CARD numbers should be enclosed
- Color photos of all the directors should be made available during the registration
- Forwarding Director Identification Number (DIN) of all directors
At present about 20-25 days are taken to register a company in Kerala whereas the Government plans to bring down the time frame to 24 hours.
The business starter should process the below when registering a company in Kerala with the help of a professional business consultant.
- Must forward all the scanned copies of the required documents
- Object of the company shall be mentioned
- PAN form and Bank account form should be signed
- The business starter shall forward around 3-5 proposed names of the company
- Soon after getting approved the company name by ROC, signs and marks shall be prepared for the company registration and the same must be filed with ROC along with a prescribed fee. The fee varies depending on the authorized capital of the company.
- From the date of approval, the approved name is valid only for 2 months period. By submitting a fresh application, the applicant can renew the name within six months, whereas it should be mentioned that the forwarding application is only for renewal of the name which was already approved. Names unintentionally allowed or that is against the guidelines which come to the notice, the same may be withdrawn by the ROC before or after the company incorporation.
- DIN Annexure, Memorandum of Articles and Articles of association of the company must be signed by all directors along with forwarding their digital signature.
Approved amount by the Indian Government, which are mentioned in the companies act as
- For Private limited company, the minimum authorized capital is INR 1,00,000/-
- For Public limited company, the minimum authorized capital is INR 5,00,000/-
A company registration consultant helps to complete the entire registration process of a company formation. Finding out a legitimate consultant is the prime duty of the business starter. Virtual offices are the best choice to start up a company in Metro cities.